1. Hail the day that sees Him rise, Alleluia!
To His throne beyond the skies. Alleluia!
Christ, the Lamb for sinners giv'n, Alleluia!
Enters now the highest heav'n. Alleluia!
2. There for Him high triumph waits, Alleluia!
Lift your heads, eternal gates. Alleluia!
He has conquered death and sin, Alleluia!
Take the king of glory in. Alleluia!
3. Highest heav'n its Lord receives, Alleluia!
Yet he loves the earth he leaves. Alleluia!
Tho' returing to His throne, Alleluia!
Still he calls us all His own. Alleluia!
4. Still for us He intercedes, Alleluia!
His atoning death He pleads. Alleluia!
Near himself prepares our place, Alleluia!
He the first-fruits of our race. Alleluia!
5. There we shall with You remian, Alleluia!
Partners of Your endless reign. Alleluia!
See You with un-clouded view, Alleluia!
Find our heav'n of heav'ns in You. Alleluia!
|First Line:||Hail the day that sees Him rise|
|Title:||Hail the Day That Sees Him Rise|
|Composer:||William Henry Monk|
|Copyright:||1991 McKinney Music, Inc. (BMI)|