1. O my soul, bless God the Father;
All within me bless His name;
Bless the Father, and forget not
All His mercies to proclaim.
2. Who forgives all your transgressions,
Your diseases all who heals,
Who redeems you from destruction,
Who with you so kindly deals.
3. Far as east from west is distant,
He has put away our sin;
Like the pity of a father
Has the Lord's compassion been.
4. As it was without beginning,
So it lasts without an end;
To their children's children ever
Shall His righteiousness extend.
5. Unto such as keep His cov'nant
And are steadfast in His way;
Unto those who still remember
His commandments, and obey.
6. Bless the Father, all His creatures,
Ever under His control,
All thro'-out His vast dominions:
Bless the Father, O my soul.
|First Line:||O my soul, bless God the Father|
|Title:||O My Soul, Bless God the Father|
|Source:||The Book of Psalms, 1871; alt. 1972, 1988, para. in|
|Composer:||Christian F. Witt|