1. Seek the Lord while he wills to be found;
call upon him when he draws near.
2. Let the wicked forsake their ways
and the evil ones their thoughts;
3. And let them turn to the Lord,
and he will have compassion,
and to our God, for he will richly pardon.
4. For my thoughts are not our thoughts,
nor your ways my ways, says the Lord.
5. For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways,
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
6. For as rain and snow fall from the heavens
and return not again, but water the earth,
7. Bringing forth life and giving growth,
seed for sowing and bread for eating,
8. So it is my word that goes forth
from my mouth;
it will not return to me empty;
9. But it will accomplish that
which I have purposed,
and prosper in that for which I sent it.
|First Line:||Seek the Lord while he wills to be found|
|Title:||The Second Song of Isaiah|
|Latin Title:||Quarite Dominum|
|Name:||[The Second Song of Isaiah (Quaerite Dominum)] (Mealy)|
|Composer:||Norman Mealy, b. 1923|
|Copyright:||Copyright The Church Pension Fund.|