1. My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in God my Savior;
for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant.
2. From this day all generations will call me blessed:
the Almighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his Name.
3. He has mercy on those who fear him
in every generation.
4. He has shown the strength of his arm,
he has scattered the proud in their conceit.
5. He has cast down the mighty from their thrones,
and has lifted up the lowly.
6. He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent away empty.
7. He has come to the help of his servant Israel,
for he has remembered his promise of mercy.
8. The promise he made to our fathers,
to Abraham and his children for ever.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit:
As it was in the beginning, is now,
and will be for ever. Amen.
|First Line:||My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord|
|Title:||The Song of Mary|
|Name:||[The Song of Mary (Magnificat)] (Lawes)|
|Composer:||W. Lawes, 1596-1662|
|Arranger:||Joseph Corfe, 1790-1820|