46. My Soul, to magnify the Lord,
Unites her Pow'rs, and Voice.
47. In God, my Saviour, whom I trust,
My Spirit shall rejoice.
48. For to his humble Hand-Maid, he
Hath graciously express'd
Himself: and lo, all Ages shall
From hence forth call me bless'd.
49. The Great, for me, great Things hath done,
And holy is his Name.
50. To them that fear him, Mercy flows,
From Race to Race, the same.
51. Almighty Strength He clearly shew d,
By what his Arm hath wrought;
The Proud he scatter'd, and their vain
Designs to nothing brought.
52. He drew the Mighty from their Seats;
And raised up the Low.
53. With good the Hungry fill'd; the Rich
In Want were forc'd to go:
54. His Servant Isr'el help'd, as he,
In Mercy, had decreed;
55. And to our Fathers Promise made.
To Abr'am, and his Seed.
|First Line:||My Soul, to magnify the Lord|
|Title:||The Song of Mary|