1. O for a heart to praise my God,
a heart from sin set free,
a heart that always feels thy blood
so freely shed for me.
2. A heart resigned, submissive, meek,
my great Redeemer's throne,
where only Christ is heard to speak,
where Jesus reigns alone.
3. A humble, lowly, contrite heart,
believing, true, and clean,
which neither life nor death can part
from Christ who dwells within.
4. A heart in every thought renewed
and full of love divine,
perfect and right and pure and good,
a copy, Lord, of thine.
5. Thy nature, gracious Lord, impart;
come quickly from above;
write thy new name upon my heart,
thy new, best name of Love.
|First Line:||O for a heart to praise my God|
|Title:||O For a Heart to Praise My God|
|Author:||Charles Wesley (1742)|