A Babe is born in Bethlehem (Krauth)Translator: C. P. Krauth
Tune: PUER NATUS
Published in 8 hymnals
Printable scores: PDF, MusicXMLAudio files: Recording
1. A Babe is born in Bethlehem, Bethlehem,
Therefore rejoice Jerusalem,
2. Within a manger He doth lie, He doth lie,
Whose throne is set above the sky.
3. Stillness was all the manger round, manger round,
The creature its Creator found.
4. The wise men came, led by the star, by the star,
Gold, myrrh, and incense brought from far.
5. His mother is the virgin mild, virgin mild,
And He the Father’s only child.
6. The serpent’s wound He beareth not, beareth not,
Yet takes our blood, and shares our lot,
7. Our human flesh He enters in, enters in,
But bears no single taint of sin.
8. To fallen man Himself He bowed, self He bowed,
That He might lift us up to God.
9. On this most blessèd Jubilee, Jubilee,
All glory be, O God, to Thee.
10. O Holy Three, we Thee adore, Thee adore,
This day, henceforth, forevermore.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #358
|Instances (1 - 2 of 2)||Title||First Line||Tune||Tune Key||Author||Meter||Scripture||Date||Subject||Source|
|Small Church Music #7444||A Babe Is Born in Bethlehem||A Babe Is Born in Bethlehem||PUER NATUS||220.127.116.11|
|The Cyber Hymnal #358||A Babe Is Born in Bethlehem||A Babe is born in Bethlehem||PUER NATUS||Anonymous||83.88||Possibly from a 14th Century Benedictine processional from the monastery of St. Georg, Hradlisch, near Olmütz|