Forgive, O Lord, our severing waysAuthor: John Greenleaf Whittier
Tune: O MENSCH SIEH
Published in 10 hymnals
1. Forgive, O Lord, our severing ways;
The rival altars that we raise,
The wrangling tongues that mar Thy praise.
2. Thy grace impart; in time to be
Shall one great temple rise to Thee—
One Church for all humanity.
3. White flowers of love its walls shall climb,
Soft bells of peace shall ring its chime,
Its days shall all be holy time.
4. A sweeter song shall then be heard,
Confessing, in a world's accord,
The inward Christ, the living Word.
5. That song shall swell from shore to shore,
One hope, one faith, one love restore
The seamless robe that Jesus wore.
Source: Christian Worship: a hymnal #484
|Instances of this text:|
|No available text instances|