Shipton, Anna. Concerning this writer we can ascertain no details beyond the fact that she published:—
(1) Whispers in the Palms. Hymns and Meditations. London, W. Yapp, 1855; second edition, augmented, 1857. (2) Precious Gems for the Saviour's Diadem, 1862. (3) The Brook in the Way; Original Hymns, 1864. (4) Tell Jesus: Recollections of E. Gosse. (5) The Cottage on The Hock, an Allegory. Also other smaller books.
Her hymns in common use include:—
i. From her Whispers in the Palms, 1855-57.
1. Down in the pleasant pastures. The Good Shepherd.
2. Father, My cup is full. Gethsemane.
3. How shall I praise Thee, O my God? Praise.
4. Jesus, Master, hear my cry. Blind Bartimaeus.
ii. From her other Works.
5. Call th… Go to person page >