Baxter, Lydia, an American Baptist, was b. at Petersburg, N. York, Sep. 2, 1800, married to Mr. Baxter, and d. in N. Y. June 22, 1874. In addition to her Gems by the Wayside, 1855, Mrs. Baxter contributed many hymns to collections for Sunday Schools, and Evangelistic Services. Of these, the following are the best known:—
1. Cast thy net again, my brother. Patient toil. Given in the Royal Diadem, N. Y., 1873.
2. Go, work in my vineyard. Duty. Also given in the Royal Diadem, 1873, and Mr. Sankey's S. & Solos, No. 4.
3. I'm kneeling, Lord, at mercy's gate. Lent. In Coronation Hymns, &c, N. Y., 1879.
4. I'm weary, I'm fainting, my day's work is done. Longing for rest. Royal Diadem. 1873.
5. In the fadeless s… Go to person page >